Thursday 17 April 2008

120,000 people for 25,000 places!

I was reading some charity blurb that had been sent to me after my FLM application and I noticed that they asked runners to apply through the ballot and gave some 'interesting' information:

The entry system will only remain open until 120,000 applications have been received which is bound to generate even more competition for the 25,000 places to be allocated through the ballot in September.

So the 120,000 of us that will apply for the ballot are competing for 25,000 places in the FLM - slightly better than the 1 in 5 chance that I thought we had - but not much!

And the FLM ballot will be drawn in September, but we find out in October - which is to be expected as they have to do a print run of the magazine. For the FLM just gone, the cheques started clearing on 30th October and the rejection magazines arrived 26 November.

So that means that credit cards could be charged mid September - I'll be checking my credit card statement online daily!

No comments: