Friday 3 October 2008

Rejected, again

What a day! First the postman brought the rejection letter for the London Marathon and then I heard that the other guy I knew had entered from the club had been accepted. As far as I know, he's the only club member to have applied that's not so far had the club place.

Found out at least 2 other club members have also applied - but both have had the place before. Same boat as me (priority goes to people who have been rejected and not had the club place, then to those who have been rejected). Found out first one and then both of the others have been accepted.

So that's 3 out of 4 accepted. Now I have the long wait until I discover if anyone else in the club has also been rejected. If not, the club rules state the place is mine! Asking around and the other usual suspects to enter a marathon haven't applied this year. Fingers crossed tightly.

No comments: