Thursday 23 October 2008

6 months and 3 days....

It looks like I have got the club place for next year's FLM, so hopefully I will be there anyway. 2 years' of rejects under my belt, so at worst I can then have a couple of years off then run it again!

That's far into the future, starting to plan the present now. Because of a week's holiday next week, training properly will start the first week of November. I ordered a pair of shock absorbing soles this afternoon from PhysioRoom.com. They may arrive in time to take them away for the holiday, may not. Anyway, will mention in the future how they feel!

Apart from that, and an easy week this week (well, I did race on Sunday and did do a moderately long run on Tuesday), I suppose it's time to think about the schedule. I'm expecting that if I don't rely heavily on large amounts of mileage, which doesn't tend to work for me, I'll cover around 1,000 miles running, 400 miles cycling and around 40 miles swimming. And that's not yet covered all of the weekly training sessions - still one to decide upon.

So, here goes. This time in 6 months and 3 days I'll be driving home. Hopefully, with a huge sub 3 hour smile on my face. If not, then only 3 more entries to rack up the 5 rejects!

No comments: