Tuesday 13 May 2008

Running feeling good - hopefully not too early!

Didn't run yesterday due to a family funeral, so went out today instead. It was going to be a long run, but with the summer still being here I only needed the excuse that it's the Great Manchester Run at the weekend and I opted instead for my standard 7 mile route - not even a drifting around aimlessly.

I did also think that a fixed route would be a good idea so that I could judge the pace I'm running at ready for the weekend. Drifting runs are excellent, but you don't know how well you are running. But When I noted my start time I got it wrong, else I ran a 3 minute mile! I don't think so somehow.

Guessing what tiem I actually started at, I probably did a good run. Felt really strong at the end and was running powerfully, with good long strides - felt as though I was flying. But then again, I was running with a slight tail wind, which had been in my face on the way out!

No comments: