Wednesday 28 May 2008

Back on the road...

For the first time since the Great Manchester Run, I got back out for a run. Last week I was recovering from whatever hit me just before the race and sulking because of the time, this week I didn't want to run on the Bank Holiday (too busy) - so I suspect that's continuing the sulk!

I wasn't going to run today, either, but I needed to pop out to the bank and the aquatics shop for a new pump. My wife is out for the day in the car so I was going to cycle, but it's wet and I couldn't face the bike ride! Eventually realised that a run was the best option.

Pleasant, although a bit slippery and at one point I caught the corner of the top piece of a concrete fence post in my left shoulder. A couple of hours later and it's still quite painful and cut. Why do people need to have concrete bits sticking out on top of those posts? It's not the first time I've managed to clip one as I'm running, and because it's a corner of the post they are very painful!

Also found out that 3 races that I wanted to do - Freckleton Half (too late - it's full), Crosby 10 and Penny Lane 10km are all on the same day - the day that my wife needs the car!

Should be able to get the train to Crosby, so looks like I'll be doing that. Shame about the other 2. After that it will be the Formby 10k - if I ever fill out the entry form.

No comments: