Monday 17 December 2007

Accommodation For The Great North Run Isn't Easy!

I don't know what people will do who enter through the ballot and then need Accommodation for the Great North Run. If our experience this, and previous years, is anything to go by then by February there's going to be nothing left!

Our problem is compounded by taking 2 spectators and our daughter. Needing 2 rooms makes it a bit harder, but most places can sort that out. But is seems that none of the hotel websites can cope with booking a family room. The usual website (see yesterday's posts for a link - I don't want to plaster this with links to other people's sites) was great when there was just the 2 of us and it does display prices for 'larger rooms', but there doesn't seem a way of booking them. Maybe they are working on it...

I don't want to go direct to the hotels, that's far too expensive. Using a third party website for accommodation is much cheaper and has saved me loads of cash in Great North Runs in the previous years. But it looks like the only way to book a room for 3 is to go direct. And needing a couple of nights, that makes it very expensive.

I think it's cottages & caravan parks for me today. Hope I find something cheap!

No comments: