Sunday 20 January 2008

Helsby Half Marathon - It's Done & Dusted!

helsby half marathon medal 2008Well, that's another Helsby half out of the way. 4 times in the last 5 years I've complete there and as always it's a nice medal to stand on the shelf.

The weather was kind to us. Rained until just before the start. Cleared up, slight drizzle towards the end and then a heavy shower when I was back in the club house, but other people out on the course seemed to miss that (there's a bit of a walk back to the club house from the finish).

Car parking was well organised. They put on a shuttle bus service from the local motorway services. The hills didn't seem as bad as last year - probably because knowing I had missed training through illness and still wasn't 100% I slowed down straight from the start. Finished in just under 1:34, according to my watch. Loads longer than my PB and last year's time, but I was aiming for 1:35 so that's good.

The school fields was muddy at the end, even with boards down to walk across. Fell sorry for the caretaker tomorrow...

Good race, well worth doing and no doubt I'll be back next year. Now to decide what's next...

No comments: