Monday 1 October 2007

Here Goes...

Yesterday was the Great North Run and I completed that in under 1 hour 26. That gives me a predicted time of 2:59 for a full marathon distance - and the London Marathon course is a lot flatter than around Newcastle.

I've not attemped a marathon for over 2 years now - maybe I'm tempted to fill in that application form that's sitting behind me and see if I can get a place in London.

It's probably very unlikely to get in through the ballot - I don't know anyone who has got in through the ballot - but I know plenty of people who have been rejected (including myself). Maybe that's why I'm happy to apply - I'm convinced I'll get the 'sorry' magazine.

But if I do get in then there will be a lot of training and long races over the winter. And I think the best way to motivate myself is a regular blog.

So here goes. Not many posts for now, need to see what happens in the ballot.

No comments: